• Camarillo, CA
Votes |
FHA 2010-23 refi

Bill B.
Pro Member
  • Camarillo, CA
Posted Jun 29 2015, 22:48

Hi,

My partner's corporation and my corporation are in a JV that owns a note in Ohio. The JV is in forbearance on that note. The JV has been receiving payments (through a well known servicing company) on time since April. If the July payment is timely, the JV is going to modify. The proposed modification is to reduce the interest rate from the current 9.125% to 6% and leave UPB untouched. The target exit is to have the borrower apply for an FHA 10-23 refi after four payments under modified terms.

First, having read the FHA letter, is the program still running? Specifically, has any BPer used this exit in the last couple of months? Assuming the program is still running, what pitfalls should the JV be looking for? Importantly, the 10-23 program requires that the borrower be current on the present mortgage. Does that mean that current payments in forbearance count? Or, does it mean that we must modify first and the borrower must remain current after the mod? Can I hold arrearages "over the borrower's head" after modification, stating that arrearages will be forgiven if four payments are made after modification, or must I forgive the arrearages at the point of modification? Finally, what have I NOT asked that I should have asked?

Thanks to all!!

Loading replies...