• Houston, TX
Votes |
Houstonians, How Do You Choose Your Marketing Area

Brionne Moss
  • Investor
  • Houston, TX
Posted Jul 29 2015, 05:54

Hello Fellow Houstonians,

I am new to BP just getting started in REI and have a high interest in wholesaling. Currently I am knees deep in listening to podcasts, reading books and forum posts on the daily basis. I have a goal to start my DM campaign somewhere in October or November of this year.

So my question to my fellow BP'ers, specifically in the Houston and surrounding suburbs, how do you all choose which area to market to? Houston is quite a large city from Richmond to Katy to Cypress to Pearland to The Woodlands. . .  and I can go on and on. Houses can range anywhere below 50K to above 900K.  

I've read a lot of mixed reviews on whether you should build your buyers list first or not. If I opt not to build my buyers list, how do I go about making this decision? I also plan to visit my local REIA's and meetups, but should I solely base the area I market to off the people I meet and where they say they purchase?

How did you choose which side of town to market to?

Did you realize a pattern with certain price ranges, schools, close to downtown that you had better luck with? 

Any prior experience results or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Loading replies...