Judy Mitchell
  • Broomfield, CO
Votes |
American residing in Bangkok wanting to invest in the US

Judy Mitchell
  • Broomfield, CO
Posted Jun 11 2015, 07:11

Hello BPers,

I have been an avid (mostly) lurker for about 1 year on Bigger Pockets. I am an American living in Bangkok for 10+ years and plan to return to the US (Colorado) in 4 years when my younger son graduates high school. I began investing in real estate last year in Colorado with the purchase of a high-end condo in Broomfield. It is appreciating well already in the awesome Denver-metro market and I have excellent tenants - cashflow, not so much yet but hopefully in a couple years it will look better than ever. It is what t is and at the time I was not at all educated on REI. The main benefit is that I have a family member who is an owner on the same site and is managing the property for me. Important since I am residing far far away,

My issue is that I have become smitten with REI and cannot wait 4 years when I return to the US to invest again. I have a full-time job in Bangkok and can certainly afford financing in the US for REI. I need something easier but with financial risk management, even if it means lower returns, than what is required to manage properties on-site in the US.

I wonder what people's experiences have been investing in turnkey real estate?  I have checked out @brieschmidt turnkey-reviews.com and know there is a community somewhere that understands my needs.

Have any of you had good or bad experiences with turnkey REI investment and property management companies that you would be willing to share? Or any other advice on how to intelligently invest in real estate (presumably to purchase a rental, but could also be a partnership on a flip deal) that you could provide?

Awaiting your responses in Bangkok!

Loading replies...