Votes
Leo Goykhman
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
"Gurus", Big Promises and Success...

Leo Goykhman
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Oct 27 2014, 18:27

You know, I was just looking through some links when I found something online about 'virtual wholesaling' and I couldn't help but seeing something that kinda nagged at me.I think that coming from the internet marketing space I've become used to the big promises by a wide variety of gurus and 'self proclaimed experts' on how if you "just take action right now" your life will never be the same. (Yes, I've even seen plenty of examples of a digital download being referred to as "it will be all gone by midnight tomorrow...and still there a month later).

Truth is, the information that's promoted as potentially life or business changing may or may not be accurate. But the real issue I find myself battling with is when I see claims of riches and success ..."with no money down, no credit, no credit cards, no internet, no laptop, no partners, and yes, the best one...NO EXPERIENCE AT ALL...and oh, of course this one..."it only takes 2 hours of work, a month and then it's autopilot! (ok, I'm exaggerating a bit) but you get the point...

The reason this is wrong on so many levels is that they aim for the heart. Too many of these "experts" don't even practice in the fields they so called "mentor/train" people in. Too often these marketers are just that...MARKETERS. My experience tells me that to be successful in business or anything else for that matter takes allot of work, lots of time, effort, dedication, commitment, ups and downs, trials and tribulations and yes, many times it DOES take money (even if it's not your money or even a ton of it, nevertheless it takes some). 

To be fair, we as business people and consumers must also take responsibility for ourselves and our actions. Meaning, it's up to us to take the actions necessary to succeed in our chosen field or path. It's on us to learn the skills needed to achieve our goals, make the connections, and rise above mediocrity. If we take full responsibility for our successes and FAILURES, I think that our growth will be magnified drastically...and best of all, it will happen organically.

To success,

LG

Loading replies...