• Sunnyvale, CA
Votes |
A PRAYER for NEWBIES or FREE AIN'T REALLY FREE

Joel G.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Sunnyvale, CA
Posted May 23 2015, 09:20

Hi everyone, 

Been renovating my home...so haven't been here that much in the recent couple of weeks...hope all is well with everyone.

I had this happen this AM...Ian Flannigan...a REI guy that I get emails from time to time, but that I otherwise know nothing else about, sent me an email about his "friend"... Zach Childress....who is a great REI and as giving his book away for "FREE"

OK...I've got a few minutes...I'll click the link...see what his book is about and maybe sign up...who knows....maybe he will have a new take on things....what do I have to lose?

So I go to the download page...give them my email address...no harm, no foul...least I can do is sign up for his list...after all....he is giving me a free book right?? 

WRONG.

When taken to the next page, I am required to give my credit card info as there is a $5.95s&h charge associated with his "FREE" book...I mean he can't be expected to send this thing to you at his own expense...nor would I ask him to...BUT....this ain't what I came to your website, gave you my email, and expected to be doing...considering your offer that was originally made.

This is not the first time this has happened...unfortunately...other gurus touting their "FREE" material have had the same tactic.

So...end result...

1- unsubscribed from Ian Flannigan's newsletter

2- will unsubscribe from Zachary Childress's newsletter...when it ultimately arrives

3- they got my email...which they can now sell on a list

4- now will endure the onslaught of trash mail that will inevitably show up

5- MOST IMPORTANTLY - get to warn other BPers about this scam.

This is my penance for trying to learn from another website other that BP....

NEWBIE PRAYER:

O' our creator (Brandon that is) please forgive the evil ways of gurus...they not not what they do...Lo tho they may lure me in with false promises of free information....Thy mind hungers for the knowledge, that fellow BPers willing lay down before me...and yet....I have strayed...hopeful in the chance to gain knowledge that I might too...one day...be one of the enlightened ones...whom with for thy good of the people wilst share given wisdom freely...I implore you to throw down your blessing and love that I might have the realization that if-ith  I cannotst findeth it here-ith...that I probably don't-ith need-ith it. Amen.

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY! 

Thank you to all who have served...servicemen/women and their families as well. We love you all!

Loading replies...