Skip to content
Guru, Book, & Course Reviews

User Stats

Votes
Gianni D'Alerta
  • Homeowner
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
ISO for gurus/mentors minus the squeeze pages and limited offers! (a rant)

Gianni D'Alerta
  • Homeowner
  • Miami, FL
Posted Jul 6 2015, 14:01

I have gotten to the end of my rope. 

Are there any gurus, mentors, or educators out there that dont make their "prospects" go through countless squeeze pages, info products, monthly installment type offers. 

I am pretty good at the internet BS meter, I get just enough info from these gurus to be dangerous... I have been tempted many times to pull the trigger and buy a course or sign up for something. 

They all have the info product sales process down, long letter, long video, offer, signup for newsletter, etc. etc. I understand these online closing/sales techniques, I understand they probably net the guys a lot... but how do you wade through all the crap.

Someone (maybe me) needs to create a third party review site that does not get compensated from the gurus. Bigger pockets does a great job of this and its very clear what they are selling, their membership and their book. 

I also think that Justin Williams from FlippingHQ and the guy from FlipNerd.

Seems like they all have a hidden agenda. Yes I know that the info product, coaching, mentoring is more profitable than even the real estate. Great for them having the confidence and the knowledge.

Are there any sites out there that review these Gurus? I have seen some sites, but they dont really have reviews. They themselves seem to getting affiliate clicks. 

Maybe Biggerpockets could designate users as gurus and have a way for the user base to upvote or downvote a guru, also provide reviews of that guru. This could give the great gurus some serious credentials. 

Sorry for the rant. I really want to learn. I really want a mentor. I dont mind paying for it, but I want someone who is vetted and has a good track record. I dont want to lose money. 

Loading replies...