BiggerPockets

Anyone heard of Tim Mai's Course or Chris Chico's Virtual Wholesaling???

20 posts by 16 users

To participate in forum discussions, create a free account or login.

Shelby Washington

Real Estate Investor from Renton, Washington

Oct 01 '08, 09:51 AM

Tim Mai's course focuses on investors finding buyers for other wholesalers and getting a set fee or percentage of profits for doing so. By using his magical flex option you can get paid for bringing the wholesaler a buyer that they wouldn't have had w/out you. Chis Chico's Virtual Wholesaling course focuses on doing wholesaling all across the country by doing everything online...

Has anyone tried one or both of these courses or heard anything about them???

Edited Jun 26 2010, 06:03

Shawn Wollenberg

Real Estate Investor from columbus, Ohio

Oct 06 '08, 07:52 AM

Tim Mai's course is great! The production of it is kind of ugly, but the content is solid. It covers wholesaling from many different angles including Subject-To deals, handling conventional buyers, and even getting paid to bring landlords new tenants (your unqualified buyers). Its a strong course. I also recommend Preston Ely's Probates by Preston and his E-Book.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 06:04

Renae Bliss

Real Estate Agent from Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Jun 11 '09, 11:01 AM

Preston's eBooks are incredible... I have wanted to learn more about Virtual Wholesaling, but don't have the $$ to get the programs! :(

Edited Jun 26 2010, 08:33

Heather Peck

Henderson, Nevada

Jul 20 '09, 06:42 AM
1 vote

Tim Mai will spam you to death. He is just repackaging programs that have been around for years. Nothing new.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 09:02

Jason Gray

Real Estate Investor from Fresno, California

Jul 21 '09, 01:31 PM

I don't know Heather...

Tim Mai was the first person I ever heard about doing flex options (the derivatives market for RE).

I learned a ton from that guy...

And he had some pretty nice spreadsheet lists that got me off to a good start..

Like every hotdog or slice of bacon (no matter how bad it may be) there's a little nutrition in every little piece...

Renae, shoot me an email. I've got tons of stuff you can use (old personal notes and materials) from SELF teaching on RE...

I won't sent you copywrited materials, but you can have access to 4GB of my "library" from my early days of investing.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 09:04

Kelly Harper

Residential Real Estate Agent from Virginia

Jul 21 '09, 02:59 PM

Renae,

I've got Cris Chico's/Chris Daigle's Virtual Wholesaling course if you'd like it. Send me an email if you want it.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 09:04 by Kelly Harper

Chris Martin

Real Estate Investor from Holly Springs, North Carolina

Jul 22 '09, 10:01 AM

Some states are different than others, but from what I saw (granted a few years ago) the process was basic brokering. Bring buyers and sellers together for a set fee, no contract of course, but conceptually was a commission-like system. I only know about him because one of his "brokers" (students?) had a really botched (and unenforceable) contract that eventually landed the owner in foreclosure.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 09:04

R Jenkins joshua

Real Estate Investor from oak creek, Wisconsin

Dec 11 '09, 12:40 PM

Kelly Harper do you still have cris chico virtual wholesaling

I would mind copy if you still have it
: ' I've got Cris Chico's/Chris Daigle's Virtual Wholesaling course if you'd like it. Send me an email if you want it.'

send me email or pm

Edited Jun 26 2010, 10:49

Jeff Tumbarello

Real Estate Investor from Fort Myers, Florida

Dec 13 '09, 04:14 AM
1 vote

All this stuff sounds cool till you do a few deals and get to meet the your states real estate division.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 10:49

Shelby Washington

Dec 17 '09, 05:17 PM

Jeff have you bought any real estate courses from any of these so called gurus??? If so have any worked for you?

Edited Jun 26 2010, 10:53

Shon Jimenez

Corpus Christi, Texas

Feb 12 '10, 03:21 AM

Kelly Harper,

Can I get a copy of the Chris Chico's program? If u can please email me or pm me.

Shon

Renae,

I've got Cris Chico's/Chris Daigle's Virtual Wholesaling course if you'd like it. Send me an email if you want it.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 11:37 by Shon Jimenez

Ray Steele

Homeowner from taylorsville, North Carolina

Feb 13 '10, 07:43 AM

Shon,Kelly can I also get a copy of both,thanks,please send a colleague request,I cant thanks again

Edited Jun 26 2010, 11:38

Joshua Dorkin Verified Donor

BiggerPockets Founder from Denver, Colorado

Feb 13 '10, 07:52 AM

Guys - this thread isn't the place for trading courses, it is for discussing the materials offered by the individuals mentioned in the discussion title. Thank you.

Medium_bp-squareJoshua Dorkin, BiggerPockets
E-Mail: [email protected]
Telephone: 877-831-4704
Get your logo in your signature too! Upgrade to PRO Today at http://www.biggerpockets.com/pro

Bill Gulley

Real Estate Investor from Springfield, Missouri

Feb 13 '10, 09:01 AM

Hi, great idea Josh, where would you post courses for sale, trade and to loan? Bill

Joshua Dorkin Verified Donor

BiggerPockets Founder from Denver, Colorado

Feb 13 '10, 09:20 AM

Originally posted by Bill Gulley:
Hi, great idea Josh, where would you post courses for sale, trade and to loan? Bill

In the Classifieds forum.

Medium_bp-squareJoshua Dorkin, BiggerPockets
E-Mail: [email protected]
Telephone: 877-831-4704
Get your logo in your signature too! Upgrade to PRO Today at http://www.biggerpockets.com/pro

Trisha Hogan

Real Estate Investor from Malibu, California

Apr 02 '10, 10:32 AM

Hi, I met a guy at a RE training seminar here in L.A. a week ago, who started with wholesaling via Cris Chico's course. He said it was very good. He has since moved on to incorporate other avenues. also did a fair amount of due diligence myself on Cris and my take was that he is a solid guy, with a solid, integrated system. You just have to put your time in and DO what needs to be done. But, I don't think you can go wrong with Cris. You certainly would get a good foundation and some expereince. Best of luck.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 12:19

Jeff Tumbarello

Real Estate Investor from Fort Myers, Florida

Apr 03 '10, 01:56 PM

Originally posted by Shelby Washington:
Jeff have you bought any real estate courses from any of these so called gurus??? If so have any worked for you?

Nope. If I want to know about real estate contracts, I contact an attorney. If I Need to find out about marketing, I contact people who do that well for a living..

I do not understand why people go to philosophers to get their science?

Some of these Wholesale GURU types have done 2 deals .... :)

Edited Jun 26 2010, 12:20

Aisha Speeks

Real Estate Investor from New York, New York

Jul 29 '10, 05:25 AM

Unfortunately, in my search for valuable real estate investment information, I purchased both Tim Mai and Cris Chico's courses.

Both guys will overload your email box with invites to webinars that promote even more expensive products and services.

Their courses were not worth the price they charged for them.

A few months back, I had taken a state-approved real estate course to get my license and realized that some of the "suggestions" in their courses were illegal in my area!

Legitimate teachers don't encourage students to break the law.

Shelby Washington

Jul 29 '10, 06:02 PM

That's why most of the guru's nowadays tell their students to have the contracts looked at by a real estate attorney in their respective states. To make sure the contract you're using is legal.

Tony Severino

Real Estate Coach from Highland, Indiana

Jul 30 '10, 07:20 AM

Courses, like tims or chicos all have basic agreements. The one thing that isn't consistent is that each state has its own set of laws.

For example.... Land Contracts, Private Money and Hard Money. I work both the Illinois and Indiana markets. In Indiana, neither party and discuss interest rates, payments, etc with each other, its gotta run through a 3rd party.

In Illinois, there are no such laws. Its Caveat Emptor.

Thats an example of why that is said..

Now about Tims material... I own it and love it. He is on a webinar w me Tuesday night.. If you want to see it demo'd let me know w a pm.

(Don't Want to See This? Log in or Create a Free BiggerPockets.com Account!)

Ubg-book

Get the Free eBook from BiggerPockets

Get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks, and techniques delivered straight to your inbox weekly!

• Actionable Advice for Getting Started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more!

We hate spam just as much as you

To post a reply or start a new discussion, create a free account or login.

Manage Keyword Alerts

View All Forums