BiggerPockets

Terry Hale-Commercial Real Estate Made Easy?

Forum Powered By:

18 posts by 17 users

Len Lewis

Feb 12 '09, 06:05 AM

Anyone familiar with, have an opinion, critique, pros and cons of this person and educational coursework? Have you been successful using these techniques? Would you recommend this educational coursework?

Edited Jun 26 2010, 07:14

Ned Carey Moderator

Landlord from Baltimore, Maryland

Mar 31 '09, 01:10 PM
1 vote

He spoke with at my club with a partner. I wasn't impressed with the quality of the presentation or with the material. It seemed quite basic. While I didn't go to their boot camp I suspect you can get much better material from other instructors.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 07:47

Medium_crab1_copyNed Carey, Crab Properties LLC
http://baltimorerealestateinvestingblog.com/

Jeff Becker

Real Estate Investor

Apr 21 '09, 04:17 AM

I'm not familiar with Terry Hale's commercial course but there is someone else I can recommend. I went to (actually got dragged to by a friend) a presentation that Karen Hanover did on commercial real estate investing. I've been investing in SRFs for a long time but was curious about commercial. Karen really opened my eyes at how easy and lucrative it can be. I believe she can be reached at [REMOVED]. I know she's giving bootcamps in the near future and I'm going to sign up for one for sure. I would highly recommend her as an educator in commercial real estate. She really knows her stuff!

Edited Jun 26 2010, 08:00 by Administrator

James Wilson

Real Estate Consultant from Clover, South Carolina

Jul 10 '09, 07:25 AM

I think Terry is one of the best Gurus out there. He doesn't skimp on information and what he has so teach is actually usable information. I bought his course and the support has been excellent, he doesn't just leave you hanging without help after you've bought his system. I have also been to one of his events and that was by far the best real estate seminar I have ever been to.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 08:55

Jon Holdman Moderator

SFR Investor from Wheat Ridge, Colorado

Jul 10 '09, 07:53 AM
2 votes

James, please tell us about some of the deals you've done with Terry's system and specifically his information helped you do those deals.

Jon Holdman, Flying Phoenix LLC

Will Barnard Verified Moderator Donor

Real Estate Investor from Santa Clarita, California

Jul 11 '09, 01:48 AM
1 vote

Or it is just another first post plug for someone Jon.

Medium_be_logoWill Barnard, Barnard Enterprises, Inc.
http://www.InvestorExperts.com - For all Southern California House Flippers, Agents, and Wholesalers

Paul Kestenbaum

Commercial Lender from Ocala, Florida

Oct 05 '09, 06:02 AM

I viewed one of his recorded Webinars from somewhere on the web, & it seemed quite informative.
I like how he mentions that you can add a Google Toolbar, & use that to search deeper from within a website, when you are trying to find a specific type of Property. He also mentioned a few websites that I was not familiar with, & they seemed to be very informative.
I too, would like to hear some specifics from people who have Purchased & used his course, or went to a bootcamp. He mentions about a Free Bootcamp....is it a Bootcamp, or just a sell-a-thon?

Edited Jun 26 2010, 09:56

Joshua Parrish

from Vallejo, California

May 15 '10, 10:33 AM
1 vote

I attended a Terry Hale Boot Camp in Sept 2009. There are several different aspects to cover so I will break them up into 3 parts.
1. The course itself: For the most part it's pretty good. However it does focus on locating properties on the internet. While that's not bad, I did find it lacking when it comes to offline tactics. Most notably direct mail. If you're looking for ways to find properties before they're listed on the web, you're out of luck.
2. The Boot Camp: Again, for the most part the info was good, but it was 4 days long and at least 40% of the time was devoted to outside speakers who had their own products to sell. It was mostly a pitchfest.
3. He claims to partner with students if they submit deals that meet certain criteria. That was the deciding factor for me. I wanted to submit properties and let Terry and his team do the "heavy lifting" as he puts it. I have yet to meet anyone who he has actually partnered with. I personally submitted several deals that were right in the wheelhouse he described. The ones I actually got a response on were all rejected. Several more were simply ignored. No feedback, no denial, nothing.
In short, I would say if you can find one of his courses on eBay, go for it. But I wouldn't spend the money on the full blown Boot Camp hoping to do business with an experienced partner.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 12:50

Larry Andershock

Real Estate Investor from Los Angeles, California

Jun 30 '11, 03:46 AM

So Len, did you purchase Terry Hale's course and if so what do you think?

Joshua, thanks for your detailed review, very helpful.

Anyone have any current opinions or insight into Hale's commercial real estate program? I hadn't heard of him until my local investment club sent out an email for a webinar. Went to his sight and input my email for his 3 free video clips (pitches I'm sure) however all it gave me was a pitch that for only $9.95 s/h I could have a free DVD. Hmmmm, how's that free. The funny thing is the ad copy below the video says "How about getting paid thousands per month practically on autopilot?" I suspect that would be by having people pay you $9.95 each for a free DVD and then being automatically signed up for a monthly recurring charge for access to your website.

Anyone have any suggestions on valid, honest, actionable commercial real estate programs that work & have personal success stories to share? Tired of the marketing hype, trying to wade thru all the c**p to find solid, useful information.

Kermit M.

Real Estate Agent from Virginia

Jun 30 '11, 04:20 AM

a few years ago I order his commercial course online. My credit card was billed and he never sent the course. I called the office to report the undelivered materials. Never received a response. I ran into Terry himself at an event. I approached him and told him what happened and showed him the receipt I printed online. He refused to acknowledge my purchase and continued trying to sell his course to the attendees at the event.
Obviously, his concern is selling courses and not helping folks.
I dont comment on gurus but this is an example of typical Guru S#$%! These gurus help you with real estate by taking your hard earned money you can use for a down payment. Especially in this market when you can get a SFH house for 30K fix up and use equity for a multi family. If you are buying a 5k or 6k+ course that is your investment property money you are throwing away. You are better off buying books on the subject, talking to local lenders and looking into traditional training like the CCIM.

James Hiddle

Wholesaler from Altus, Oklahoma

Jun 30 '11, 05:34 AM

Sorry to hear that Kermit. Hope you did a chargeback on your card to get your money back.

Michael Lawrence

Real Estate Investor from Durham, North Carolina

Jun 30 '11, 05:49 AM

Who are some guys some of you would reccomend for to learn commercial real estate investing?

Brendan D.

Real Estate Investor from Largo, Md

Jul 21 '11, 10:21 AM
1 vote

scott scheele and dave lindahl are active investors who do training and their material is solid.

Larry Albane

from Indiana

Jun 14 '12, 09:09 PM

Terry Hale is a Scam Artist!!!! His Boot Camp is nothing more than a live infomercial to get you to buy a $20K coaching program. I've been to other bootcamps before where they were pitching these coaching programs but none of them promised they would partner with you and do the what he calls the " heavy lifting " so I bought into it and now I'm out $20K.

I've submitted good quality deals into their pipeline and some have been ignored and some I was told were good but no one helped me do squat.

I just wish I would have found this site before I went to his bootcamp!

Sent 06/13/12 at 07:13AM · Remove · Report · Block Joshua Dorkin

Will Barnard Verified Moderator Donor

Real Estate Investor from Santa Clarita, California

Jun 14 '12, 09:24 PM

Sorry to hear that Larry. Stick around here, it is much safer and much less expensive!

This is the problem with most gurus, they over promise, under deliver and pitch the dream, but deliver the nightmare in the form of your credit card bill!

I heard this guy speak earlier this year at a local club, nothing but a pitch if you ask me and he made the stratgey appear to be as easy as pie, as if any idiot could make millions, simply not true. Commercial investing is for the advanced.

Medium_be_logoWill Barnard, Barnard Enterprises, Inc.
http://www.InvestorExperts.com - For all Southern California House Flippers, Agents, and Wholesalers

Bill G.

Real Estate Investor from Springfield, Missouri

Jun 15 '12, 05:03 AM

Let's define commercial, do you have an interest in a 6-plex or a C-store or an idustrial building? You can easily go from residential 1-4 to a 6-plex or 12 units. If you are not familiar with the business and have a business background you shouldn't even think of a C-store or strip center. And you're not going to get that (retail. etc.) out of any guru course I have ever heard of. You need to walk before you run, your ability to learn and dive into much deeper analysis will determine if you're a track star.

Pete Adkins

from Alexandria, Virginia

Oct 04 '12, 11:54 AM

Man do I feel stupid. Larry you said it, Terry Hale is a thief!!!!! I too have never heard a spiel like what this guy promises. I bought the Commercial Cash Flow System home study program, paid $997 for it. I kept getting emails from him saying you need to take it to the next level and join us at the live 3 day training. So I did, that cost me a plane ticket and hotel stay. The first day of training he promised the material wouldn't be redundant to the home study. It was all the same stuff. So I confronted him about it on day two and he proceeded to explain that his coaching program would really propel me to the next level. I listened to his pitch and he was so convincing I bought into it, now I'm out $15,000. This guy needs to be stopped. He is stealing peoples hard earned money, promising everything and delivering nothing. His favorite line I heard several times over the course of three days, relationships are worth more than money. There is no way this guy believes that... Please, Please, Please, take heed to this warning you'll be as sorry as I am!!!

Steve Babiak

Real Estate Investor from Audubon, Pennsylvania

Oct 04 '12, 12:17 PM

Originally posted by Jeff Becker:
I'm not familiar with Terry Hale's commercial course but there is someone else I can recommend. I went to (actually got dragged to by a friend) a presentation that Karen Hanover did on commercial real estate investing. I've been investing in SRFs for a long time but was curious about commercial. Karen really opened my eyes at how easy and lucrative it can be. I believe she can be reached at [REMOVED]. I know she's giving bootcamps in the near future and I'm going to sign up for one for sure. I would highly recommend her as an educator in commercial real estate. She really knows her stuff!

Beware of another rip-off, mentioned in the quoted post; see links:

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/79/topics/47662-any-thoughts-on-karen-hanover-boot-camps-

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/79/topics/60271-karen-hanover-scam-exposed

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/79/topics/35734-karen-hanover

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/79/topics/51963-dc-fawcett-karen-hanover-commercial-goldrush-trip-report

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/79/topics/52962-austin-davis-s-commercial-real-estate-guide

Manage Keyword Alerts

View All Forums