BiggerPockets

Anyone Using Filthy Riches Course by Larry Goins?

24 posts by 16 users

To participate in forum discussions, create a free account or login.

Ta'Quila Payne

Real Estate Investor from Muskegon, Michigan

Mar 12 '10, 11:57 PM

I have the course and maybe another course owner who probably has a little more experience and would like to partner up and utilize this system together. I don't have a problem with sharing the profits, just want someone with experience who may can help!

Thanks,

Ta'Quila

Edited Jun 26 2010, 12:02

Reginald Scarbrough

Mar 13 '10, 07:40 PM

Would be interested in working with you using "Filthy Riches". Currently in Chicago.

Updated: 03:12AM, 03/14/2010

Ta'Quila, Can you tell me where you seem to be having a problem with the process? We can start with the "Quick Start" worksheet to get you up and running. I look forward the to working with you.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 12:02

Ta'Quila Payne

Real Estate Investor from Muskegon, Michigan

Mar 14 '10, 03:17 PM

GREAT! Have you closed a deal with it yet? I don't want to get a house out of state and can't move it (like tied up with a bank) Im comfortable with private sellers, Larry's not purchasing notes in Michigan... so I would like to work with someone who actually lives in another area. LIKE YOU! Email me please

Edited Jun 26 2010, 12:03 by Administrator: Email address removed from post as per forum rules. Please use your signature.

Reginald Scarbrough

Mar 14 '10, 10:12 PM

Ta'Quila,

Let get started! I have sent you a detailed e-mail reply, outlining my plans and my desire to work with you. I look forward to a long and profitable relationship. How to you feel about the state of Florida and Texas for possible out of state investments? I also know where we can obtain free signs for the properties. Please e-mail me.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 12:03 by Administrator: Email address removed from post as per forum rules

Kacey W

Real Estate Investor from Dallas, Texas

Mar 16 '10, 07:34 AM

Hello Regina, Ta'Quila, all,

I am looking for someone that is experienced with the Filthy Riches system to work with. I have access to some houses that would fit this mold, that I would buy in blocks of 50 to sell. I would finance the houses, and would like to find a partner to sell them at a % of profit spread. There would be no out of pocket expenses for the partner.

If interested, please email me

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kacey

Edited Jun 26 2010, 12:05 by Administrator: Email address removed from post

Craig Joyner

Jul 13 '10, 01:52 AM

Hey Gang, I would be very interested in discussing our experiences using the FR System. [SOLICITATION REMOVED]

Jon Holdman Moderator

SFR Investor from Wheat Ridge, Colorado

Jul 13 '10, 01:58 AM
1 vote

If you have thoughts about this course or experiences with it, Craig, please post them here to share with all. In particular, I'm sure all members would appreciate hearing about how this course helped you do more deals and make more money.

Jon Holdman, Flying Phoenix LLC

Eric Michaels

Real Estate Lender from Chicago, Illinois

Jul 13 '10, 03:31 AM

Just curious, has anyone in their life ever seen or read a respected news source that featured or interviewed a wealthy person who said that the way they made their money was they bought a real estate course from a guru?

Dale Osborn

Mobile Home Investor from Spanaway, Washington

Jul 13 '10, 07:31 AM

Great point Eric - they make it sound so easy then after closing their deals leave the students floundering like fish out of water. I received a few emails from the guy and after reading them sent them to the junk files.

Mitch Kronowit Donor

SFR Investor from Orange County, California

Jul 13 '10, 07:54 AM

Originally posted by Eric Michaels:
has anyone in their life ever seen... a wealthy person who said... they bought a real estate course from a guru?

No.

Craig Joyner

Jul 16 '10, 02:23 AM

Absolutely I have! You will find that there are MANY people who have started this way and in fact Larry Goins bought his from Ron Legrand off the T.V. if I remember. However, they definately are not all the same and you must be selective. I agree that some do leave people floundering. If you REALLY want some good guidance visit the Equity Trust Company website. They specialize in administering IRAs and 401Ks for people that invest in everything from Wholesale - Shortsale - Rehabs - Tax Liens - Ect...

Account Closed

Real Estate Consultant from Charlotte Area, North Carolina

Jul 16 '10, 02:55 AM

I have had my hands on Larry's course before and I think that it is probably one of the better ones out there. Like ALL of the guru courses you adopt some of the materials for your use and abandon some. His had a lot of content instead of *fluff* which I sure appreciate. I learned a few ideas from him and would recommend his materials to someone who is new to investing.

As far as knowing anyone who has been successful using guru stuff ... I have known dozens who are successful and started with a course. It almost always develops, integrating their own style and personality into their investment business but non the less they started with a course. That said I know hundreds of people who have purchased multiple courses and have never bought a thing. Sad really. At some point you have to have the guts to jump off that cliff and do it, most sadly are bound by fear. No real estate course I have found can change the moxie of a person.

Hope this helps.

Eric Michaels

Real Estate Lender from Chicago, Illinois

Jul 16 '10, 05:06 AM

Originally posted by Craig Joyner:
Absolutely I have! You will find that there are MANY people who have started this way and in fact Larry Goins bought his from Ron Legrand off the T.V. if I remember. However, they definately are not all the same and you must be selective. I agree that some do leave people floundering. If you REALLY want some good guidance visit the Equity Trust Company website. They specialize in administering IRAs and 401Ks for people that invest in everything from Wholesale - Shortsale - Rehabs - Tax Liens - Ect...

Ok, cite the legit media outlet source if you have seen it.
One guru who bought a course and decided to create his own course and become a guru doesn't even come close to counting.
I am talking a real legit media profile of a person who got rich by following a RE course he/she bought..

Larry Goins

Real Estate Investor from Lake Wylie, South Carolina

Aug 03 '10, 11:08 AM

Hey guys, Thanks a lot for your kind words about my course. I do work really hard to only put in what we use in our investing business. Remember I am here it help in any way to implement my strategies! Oh yea, BTW, you should see my library of courses! lol
Thanks, Larry Goins

Elisha Lowe

Homeowner from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Aug 03 '10, 12:29 PM

Hi Larry,

I see you will be in Philadelphia at the Pyramid Club in Oct. I'll try to make it. I don't know a single thing about your course but I like hearing different ideas and success stories.

All the best

Larry Goins

Real Estate Investor from Lake Wylie, South Carolina

Aug 03 '10, 11:19 PM

I hope to see you in Philly.

Larry Goins

Edited Aug 4 2010, 08:06 by Moderator

Alex Craig

Real Estate Investor from Memphis, Tennessee

Aug 03 '10, 11:30 PM

The most useful information I have used towards running a real estate business is the bachelors degree I received from a 4 year accredited university. If you do not have that, then networking at a local REIA meeting with the right people and to steal a line from Nike--"Just do It" is a cheap way to get started.

Medium_turnkeylowresAlex Craig, Memphis Turnkey Properties
E-Mail: [email protected]
Telephone: 901-848-9028
Alex Craig President www.MemphisTurnkey.com www.LittleRockTurnkey.com

Elisha Lowe

Homeowner from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Aug 04 '10, 06:14 AM

Originally posted by Alex Craig:
The most useful information I have used towards running a real estate business is the bachelors degree I received from a 4 year accredited university. If you do not have that, then networking at a local REIA meeting with the right people and to steal a line from Nike--"Just do It" is a cheap way to get started.

I agree 100%. Not so much that you have to have a degree but really it comes down to taking action. At this point I am doing networking events, reading, setting up my business and continuing to build capital. However, I know that if I don't pull the trigger at some point it may be all for naught.

Good luck to all

Terry McCoy

Maryland, Maryland

Oct 07 '10, 11:44 AM

Hey guys Larry goins course is great.

Edited Oct 7 2010, 12:12 by Administrator: Solicitation and email address removed from post.

Michael Seutin

Real Estate Investor from Vallejo, California

Oct 10 '10, 11:42 PM

I have a book by Larry Goins sitting on my night stand, so I clicked on Larry's picture to look at profile here at bp, and I want to ask why is it that under completed deals it says : zero.
I don't mind following advise from authors, gurus, pros, but I want that person to have done it successfully before.

(Don't Want to See This? Log in or Create a Free BiggerPockets.com Account!)

Ubg-book

Get the Free eBook from BiggerPockets

Get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks, and techniques delivered straight to your inbox weekly!

• Actionable Advice for Getting Started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more!

We hate spam just as much as you

To post a reply or start a new discussion, create a free account or login.

Manage Keyword Alerts

View All Forums