Skip to content
Guru, Book, & Course Reviews

User Stats

Votes
Richard Low
  • Peoria, AZ
Votes |
My Review of Fixing and Flipping Real Estate: Strategies for the Post-Boom Era by Marty Boardman

Richard Low
  • Peoria, AZ
Posted Jan 4 2013, 14:25

I just finished Marty Boardman's new book, "Fixing and Flipping Real Estate: Strategies for the Post-Boom Era." It was fantastic, everyone flipping on BP should pick it up.

Here's my Amazon Review (because I'm lazy):

"I found this book from Marty Boardman's articles on BiggerPockets.com. I enjoyed his stories, humor, and real world knowledge. If you're new to real estate, you should check out biggerpockets and Marty's blog. Some of his posts there are in this book, so it's a good way to know if you'll enjoy the book.

Marty breaks Rehabbing into four boxes, or categories: Acquisition, Rehab, Sales, and Raising Capital. Each of these categories has examples, stories, mistakes, and the nitty-gritty details you need to succeed in rehabbing. He doesn't hold anything back or try to sell you a $400 course or coaching seminar at the end like so many others in this industry.

I now feel confident that I understand the process and steps it takes to rehab a property in this post-boom market. To be honest it's a lot of hard work and this book takes the glamour out of it. If you're looking for the sexiness of fixing and flipping, stick to reality TV and keep telling yourself "that looks easy, I could do that." It's not, and this book helps you understand upfront exactly what you're getting yourself into."

It was a great read and now there's a Kindle edition for those of you with e-readers and iPads.

Loading replies...