Votes
Monique Walker
  • Paso Robles, CA
Votes |
Fortune Builders Refund Policy

Monique Walker
  • Paso Robles, CA
Posted Jun 24 2013, 17:34

My story on Fortune Builders refund policy.
I went to a three day seminar. We did due diligence before we went and tried to find out as much as possible about them. (Had a hard time finding reviews). We decided to go into the bronze Mastery program for a total cost of nearly $15,000. We left all amped out and excited. Later in the evening that we got home i again tried to find reviews especially negative ones to see what we were in for. There were a few reviews that caught my attention and then they were later retracted and practically praising Fortune Builders. This actually made me feel a little ill at ease, like maybe they were coerced into writing a retraction. I terminated my contract the very next morning and cancelled my check. That is when the fun started. I went through their exit interview where they tried to sell me on the program at a cheaper price. I just answered all their questions with "I decline to answer that". They told me I needed to sign 2 papers that they will email me in order to get a refund and cancel my contract. First one I had to sign was a request for refund. On that document they state "This form is A REQUEST FOR REFUND ONLY- NOT AN APPROVAL!" , capitalized just as written, in bold letters, highlighted in yellow and punctuated with an exclamation point. Therefore you are not guaranteed any refund (even though they say they have a 14 day refund policy with some conditions which I could write a whole reply just on that).

The second paper they sent me that must be signed in order to be considered for a refund was a Mutual Non-Disparagement / Confidentiality Agreement / Liquidated Damages document. Which seems hardly to a mutual benefit. The document simply put, says that (if you sign it and if you want them to consider refunding your money you must sign it) you may not disparage or criticize them, their program, their employees, agents etc.. or otherwise say or do anything that could disrupt their business. (now this brings into focus about reviews of companies. Reviews are critiques or criticism) therefore people who have signed this CANNOT give feedback or reviews without FEAR of penalty.

The Confidentiality Clause (if you sign it) states you cannot disclose and keep factual allegations to yourself. If you received your money back, how much of it you received and even if you do not receive money back you must keep that confidential. Most Confidentiality clauses are made at the time of the meeting of the minds and an agreement has been made, not before the agreement has been made. So this should not be signed at the time of the request but at the end of the agreement itself.
I would like to state profoundly that this in my opinion is bullying and coercion making people give up their Constitutional Rights of Free Speech and Freedom of Press. This does not allow people to do due diligence in researching this company.

Now the third part of this document (if signed) is Liquidated Damages Clause that states for every violation in the Non-disparagement and confidentiality clauses there will be $5,000 per violation. None of this benefits you therefore it is not mutual. it is in my opinion a way to bully or coerce people into not saying or printing the truth. That right there may give you pause and make you think twice.

Also Fortune Builders may be on the Inc. Magazine top 500 of fastest growing companies, but think, it is Fortune Builders, not CT homes(the flipping business) that seems to be making the money. If I was bringing in $15,000 to $25,000 times 50 people on average or more per event I would be damn wealthy too. When they use A&E Flip this House and CT Homes and combine it with Fortune Builders (a separate company) remember it is a marketing ploy to enhance the image that you too can be Inc. 500 next business.

I cannot say if the program works or not. I don't feel you can do due diligence in researching this company. So Buyer Beware. There are good coaches and other programs find one that fits your budget without hurting your life or lifestyle.

Loading replies...