• Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
To GOOGLE GLASS or not to GLASS?

Douglas Larson
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted Jan 3 2014, 10:52

I got my invite today to join the Google Glass 2.0 "explorers club." I want to do it even though it seems to be an overpriced beta testing relationship that probably benefits Google more than users. I just love all things that beep, glow and hum!

I usually weigh out the costs/benefits carefully of any piece of equipment I purchase. I usually act very rationally regarding $1,500 expenses that may not return a whole lot to my bottom line. Still . . . I want them!

The most useful Real Estate application for glass appears to be maps and navigation, right in front of your eye. I would use this daily. The hands-free possibilities for call/text phone features would also be convenient as I spend a lot of time in my mobile real estate command center (a.k.a. my car). The hands-free camera and video would be cool but it's not a part of my current business model of investing. A very useful app in the works will be facial recognition but it's not available yet. Can you imagine being able to instantly be reminded of all your REIA club member's names or real estate agents, etc, just at first glance? That would be huge . . . when it's actually available.

So, I'm on the fence but leaning over . . .

Any thoughts from other investors who love their tech?

Loading replies...