BiggerPockets

Google vs BiggerPockets

Forum Powered By:

14 posts by 14 users

N/A N/A

Nov 03 '05, 01:01 AM

Every Once in awhile I will check out my name on the web to see how popular I am. 8) Biggerpockets has most of my post and name posted allover google. Thats great service for me. Thanks Joshua. Definatley plug in your information if you provide a service and see how many times biggerpockets comes up in google.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 02:53

N/A N/A

Mar 16 '06, 01:15 AM

Is it because you do alot of posting on Bigger pockets.com so you got googled?

annie

Edited Aug 17 2011, 11:22 by Administrator

Jason Barnett

from Dayton, OH

Mar 16 '06, 06:47 PM

Google ranks have a lot more to do than just the content of the page. I am by no means an expert, but I know that one of the major influences in search rank is popularity of the website. So if biggerpockets is getting a high ranking then one of the things it is doing is getting a lot of people to come visit this forum.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 02:55

Dick Green

Residential Real Estate Broker from Conroe, Texas

Mar 16 '06, 10:46 PM

I recently went to google's site map research tool and was flabbergasted by the number of posts and replies I have been receiving. Biggerpockets is almost like a free viral program. Keep up the good work!

Edited Jun 26 2010, 02:55

N/A N/A

Apr 11 '06, 04:29 AM

yep biggerpockets is an awesome forum :D

Edited Jun 26 2010, 02:57

N/A N/A

Nov 18 '06, 04:22 AM

One thing you can also do is enter your information into GoogleBase. Google has said their new Real Estate site will be based on this information.. the link is base.google.com.

Dani

Edited Jun 26 2010, 03:13

Derek Roach

from San Diego, California

Aug 17 '11, 10:45 AM

With the level of traffic that Bigger Pockets receives & the quantity of inbound links to this site, Google will rank the site as an authority on the web. Being an authority in Google, the forum posts will come up in the search results page for the keywords used in forum topics. Theoretically, if Bigger Pockets is more of an authority on the web than another forum with the exact same posts, then Bigger pockets would rank higher than the other forum for included keywords.

Of course, there is much more to the Google algorithm but this is the fundamental idea for ranking with Google.

Carlos Flores

Real Estate Investor from Dallas, Texas

Aug 17 '11, 10:55 AM

How many people use N/A as their name on this site? I count 4 separate people using the name N/A in the 8 posts above mine.

Come on N/A people. Get with the program already.

Medium_dreamstime_l_17553651_-_copy_crCarlos Flores, Stronger Communities Alliance, LLC
E-Mail: [email protected]
I pool investor funds together to acquire apartment complexes

Jon Klaus Verified Moderator Donor

Real Estate Investor from Garland, Texas

Aug 17 '11, 10:56 AM

Keep in mind that the Google search algorithms have changed numerous times since this thread stared in 2005.

Jon Klaus, SellPropertyFast
Telephone: 214-929-6545

J Scott Verified Moderator Donor

Real Estate Investor from Ellicott City, Maryland

Aug 17 '11, 11:04 AM
1 vote

Originally posted by Jon Klaus:
Keep in mind that the Google search algorithms have changed numerous times since this thread stared in 2005.

In fact, they've most likely changed a bit since you posted this 10 minutes ago... :D

Medium_lishproplogoJ Scott, Lish Properties, LLC
CHECK OUT MY BIGGERPOCKETS BOOKS: http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Jon Holdman Moderator

SFR Investor from Wheat Ridge, Colorado

Aug 17 '11, 11:07 AM

Originally posted by Carlos Flores:
How many people use N/A as their name on this site? I count 4 separate people using the name N/A in the 8 posts above mine.

Come on N/A people. Get with the program already.

This thread is originally from 2005. The "N/A N/A" members are no longer with the forums.

Jon Holdman, Flying Phoenix LLC

Joshua Dorkin Verified Donor

BiggerPockets Founder from Denver, Colorado

Aug 17 '11, 11:26 AM
1 vote

Actually, the N/A members are the original members of BiggerPockets. When we originally launched the site, we didn't check for real names, so those people with an original account - who didn't upgrade since our upgrade - still have N/A as their name.

As for an earlier point about BP having pull on the search engines, this is true. Being visible here on BP can be very good for your own website's traffic.

- Just another reason to jump in and get active on BiggerPockets!

Medium_bp-squareJoshua Dorkin, BiggerPockets
Telephone: 877-831-4704
Get your logo in your signature too! Upgrade to PRO Today at http://www.biggerpockets.com/pro

Nick J.

Real Estate Investor from Scottsdale, Arizona

Aug 17 '11, 11:35 AM

I'll confirm that! Simply googling my username here(which is the same username I use for everything) you can see BP ranked very high.

google yourself and see what is being seen by those who might be googling you. You could find that BP has a lot more value than you originally thought.

Danielle Watson

Property Manager from Las Vegas, Nevada

Aug 17 '11, 01:05 PM
2 votes

Here's a little more on this topic of Bigger Pockets. I have been working with social media for my Companies since 2009 with whatever means that are available to me with absolutely no budget. I've posted on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Active Rain, Real Estate Network, Real Estate Deals, and the list goes on...but I have to say that Bigger Pockets is by far the best site for search engine positioning with our Company. Bigger Pockets definitely has some "juice" on the internet that has helped us rank nicely. Great job, and Thank You so much!! :D

Manage Keyword Alerts

View All Forums