Skip to content
Real Estate Technology

User Stats

Votes
Tom Scott
  • Homeowner
  • Melrose, FL
Votes |
Should a Blog Link to Your Professional Site?

Tom Scott
  • Homeowner
  • Melrose, FL
Posted Jun 30 2014, 12:41

I know one way to increase website page rank is to have it associated with other websites like social media and blogs. This is one reason I think I want to start a blog site. Additionally, I think it will be fun to be able to share the experience of my journey into the world of real estate investing. I'd like to follow the J. Scott model and use the blog to keep detailed records on purchase price, rehab costs and profits. My one main concern is that if it is linked to my lead generation site, that prospective sellers may find the blog and it might prejudice them during negotiations. If they can deduce approximately how much I make on a deal they may decide to hold out for more money since they think they know my margins. Is this a valid fear? Is there a negative aspect to keeping a detailed blog?

I'd also like to clarify that I am not trying to deceive anyone. Obviously I am willing to talk openly about a deal with a prospective seller but it would seem to me that giving away too much information could be detrimental

I'm curious to hear what you all think.

Tom .

Loading replies...