Michael Morris
  • Charlottesville, VA
Votes |
How Does Influence Make You Money

Michael Morris
  • Charlottesville, VA
Posted Sep 4 2014, 23:02

Hello all,

I'm new to the Bigger Pockets platform, but I'm glad I've finally found it. What a great resource for all real estate professionals to get together to share questions and answers to real world obstacles.

I brought up this topic in a forum last week but was taken down as I posted the url to my blog. Guess that's a no no. 

Regardless, I want to get your take on the importance of influence in real estate. 

Some of you may be familiar with John Lee Dumas, a podcaster that gets upwards of 100,000 downloads for each episode he releases, 7 days a week. Not bad.

I believe he is revolutionizing the world with his podcast focusing on entrepreneurs and their stories. It's evident that he enjoys simply talking with people like him and hearing about their journey, and he has inspired me to start my own podcast here in a couple of months.

My question to you all is whether you think something like this can work in real estate? Obviously this platform has proven that it can, and I think there's many more on the way. 

John posts his income reports these days and comes out with around $250,000 a month!

He loves talking to entrepreneurs and has a far reaching influence that clearly turns into a generous amount of profit for him. 

So my first post is mostly out of curiosity. What do you guys think about this business model in the world of real estate?

--Michael Morris

Loading replies...