• Investor
  • Titusville, PA
Votes |
Spouses going it alone or together?

Daniel Mohnkern
  • Investor
  • Titusville, PA
Posted Feb 15 2015, 19:28

I have greatly enjoyed my time so far here on Bigger Pockets.  I tend to be the one who is willing to read real estate books and listen to podcasts.  I love learning.  I'm a nerd that way.  My wife loves the idea of investing and being included in discussions but prefers not to read non-fiction books or "be bothered with the details".  My concern is that, in the event of my death, she is able to maintain control over our assets and doesn't get taken advantage of.  I want her to never *have to* get a job to support herself and our children.  That is a huge reason that I am investing in Multi-family rentals.

My question is, should she and I have separate BP accounts so she can hopefully learn on her own while investigating the site and networking with others or does anyone on here suggest that we have a shared account?  Personally, I refuse to have a shared Facebook account because I think we need some individualism when it comes to friends and socializing, and I don't care to talk too much with the friend on Facebook when I can't tell who it is with whom I am talking, so I figure others may feel the same way.  Any thoughts on what we should do?

Loading replies...