• Winslow, ME
Votes |
Secure form for applications, vs. my own

Kenneth LaVoie
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Winslow, ME
Posted Jun 25 2015, 04:40

Good Day,

I own a web design / hosting company so I do alot of my own web work, including our own online application form. I have it fairly secure (it does ask for SSN, but the app is saved as PDF in a non browseable directory and a link to said PDF is sent to me via email. I am NOT PCI compliant (I just found out what that meant last week). I take all payments via paypal and erentpayment so the "processing" takes place "off site". 

Although I own my own web company, it's more of a "hobby business" and I'm not up on every law. Are there any "legal geeks" out there that can point me in the right direction on whether or not I should just outsource my online application. erentpayment.com now allows me to setup a whole app system. What I like about my OWN is that it keeps it in a nice database, so I can navigate to a page and see everyone that's ever applied on one page. Click on their name and see all their info, then one click delete if I want to. 

Any thoughts would be great, even if they're "unqualified" thoughts!! Plenty of mine certainly are!

Loading replies...