Skip to content
Real Estate Technology

User Stats

Votes
Kyle J.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Northern, CA
Votes |
How do you create a Facebook business page?

Kyle J.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Northern, CA
Posted Jun 25 2015, 19:02

Does anyone know how to create a Facebook business page when you do NOT have a personal profile?  I am reading conflicting information on whether this can even be done. 

I don't have a personal Facebook profile, nor do I want one, but it seems as though I may have to create one if I want a business page.  Looks like Facebook used to allow you to create a standalone Facebook business page, but they've since changed their policy to require that you first log in to your personal profile and create/link your business page from there.

To add to the confusion, I did find this link on Facebook that seems to say you can create a personal profile and then CONVERT it to a business page.  However, it says your personal profile name will become your business page name.  The problem is that I don't want to create a personal profile in my own name because that's not the name of the business, but Facebook will not allow you to sign up for a personal profile using a business name.  See my problem?  Kind of a Catch 22.

I figure with all the tech expertise on this site someone will likely know how to accomplish this. 

Loading replies...