BiggerPockets

Software to keep track of Loans/Notes Interest Rates/Pmts

Forum Powered By:

6 posts by 3 users

To participate in forum discussions, create a free account or login.

Steve L.

SFR Investor from Rancho Cucamonga, California

Apr 22 '11, 04:57 AM

I have a group of smaller investors that give me loans on a per project basis or into my business and we negotiate different scenarios for everyone.

They're all parties I have an existing relationship with, so I am not pooling money or violating any financing laws.

- One party gets a 60k 1st Trust Deed and prepay 6 mo interests, can renew it as long as I prepay in chunks

- One party already has 50k invested at X% and sends in another 10k at the same rate, there normal due day is the 15th and the check came on the 21st.

- Etc

I am currently using excel to track all of this and we use Quickbooks for the account. Is there a software program or excel template that is built to track investors, their returns, etc.

It'd be great if there is a program that could show all the upcoming payments, their due dates. I could add funds, it would calculate interest owed and consolidate to the same payment date and allow me to print a statement to show the math.

Anyone heard of anything that does this?

Bryan Hancock

Real Estate Investor from Round Rock, Texas

Apr 22 '11, 05:08 AM
1 vote

Check out TValue:

TValue

This was recommended on another thread....not sure if it does what you are looking to do, but I suspect it does.

Medium_inner10_logo__updated_Bryan Hancock, Inner 10 Capital
E-Mail: [email protected]
Telephone: 1-800-577-0401
Our Recent Austin Business Journal Article - http://tinyurl.com/Inner10Capital

Steve L.

Apr 22 '11, 07:02 AM

Thank you sir, I will check it out.

Chris Martin

Real Estate Investor from Holly Springs, North Carolina

Apr 22 '11, 08:20 AM

I have in the past done my own loan "servicing" for company seller financed property. I/we used a page on the company web site, accessed via SSL and password protected, that shows all relevant loan information. At this point (per company resolution passed 1/2011), I am no longer going to use home grown solution(s). Instead I am going to use a third party company to service all notes we originate. For us, the cost of third party servicing is low relative to the benefits.

Steve L.

Apr 22 '11, 08:21 AM

It looks like TValue makes you setup a different file for each loan/lender. I am looking for something that can provide a summation of all my active loans, as well as what TValue does.

So I don't miss any balloon payments, or special payment due dates.

TValue looks great if it could now only summarize each loan on a detailed screen. Does anyone know if it does?

Bryan Hancock

Real Estate Investor from Round Rock, Texas

Apr 22 '11, 09:16 AM

They have a support line Steve...I would call them and ask for a demo. I bet they can give you one via Webex or some such.

Medium_inner10_logo__updated_Bryan Hancock, Inner 10 Capital
E-Mail: [email protected]
Telephone: 1-800-577-0401
Our Recent Austin Business Journal Article - http://tinyurl.com/Inner10Capital

(Don't Want to See This? Log in or Create a Free BiggerPockets.com Account!)

Ubg-book

Get the Free eBook from BiggerPockets

Get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks, and techniques delivered straight to your inbox weekly!

• Actionable Advice for Getting Started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more!

We hate spam just as much as you

To post a reply or start a new discussion, create a free account or login.

Manage Keyword Alerts

View All Forums