Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Amit M.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
Remodeled 2Br/1Ba apartment- what amenities?

Amit M.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Posted Apr 6 2014, 09:04

I have a triplex in an expensive urban market (San Francisco) where I'm remodeling the flats. They are about 900 sq ft, 2/1's with some nice Victorian features. It's in an up and coming neighborhood, where my tenant profile is mostly professional couples or two roommates. Rent will be about $2300 per unit.

I have a closet space that I could invest in to either add a half bath, or install a stack washer/dryer.

Question1- given my location and tenant profile, I'd appreciate any feedback on which of these would be more desirable- the half bath or W/D.

Question 2- there is a garage which already has W/D hookups. I could just put a set of W/D there for the tenants to share and save on all the extra per flat renovations.

The other issue is that I will eventually condo convert this building, so eventually they will be sold to singles or married couples as starter condos.

My inclination is to save the money, thinking that a W/D in the garage shared by only 3 couples/roommates is not so bad. But would like feedback from others! Thx.

Loading replies...