N.A N.
  • Canada, Ontario
Votes |
Rental Package help please

N.A N.
  • Canada, Ontario
Posted Jul 19 2014, 12:05

Hi there,

I'm about to start searching for a new apartment and I wanted to create some kind of rental information package I can give to any potential landlords once I viewed the apartment and if I like it. 

I'd like to try and reduce my stress by just handing everything over to the landlord right away so I can just sit back and wait for them to contact me once they've done all their tenant screenings while I still keep looking at apartments (there is no real rush just yet to secure anything so I have time to really look around) My end goal is just to hopefully have a couple options that I will then be able to pick from.

My question is, how or what do I need to include in my rental information package?

I'm thinking:

- Standard rental application form (who I am, my employers info, why I'm moving, etc).....but  when it comes to my financial information, should I include this on the application form and how much information do I need to include? Exact amounts I make weekly/monthly/yearly? 

- Rental reference letter, signed with contact information from previous landlord

- Employment letter, signed, with contact information.... but again do I need to list dollar amounts here?

- Credit Score print out? Should I include this and if so, what part of the credit score report do I print out for them? And what is considered a good credit score?

- I also have a criminal record check I had to get for a part time job I had awhile back, should throw in a copy of this? 

Anything else I should include? 

Anything I should not include? 

What information is most important?

What information is not necessary to include?

Thanks!

Loading replies...