Votes
David Watters
  • Winter Haven, FL
Votes |
water bill issue

David Watters
  • Winter Haven, FL
Posted Sep 21 2014, 22:54

ok so to start off wednesday when i made it home from work at about 630pm i was greeted by a guy from the water company saying that he had to turn off the water to my side of a duplex that a neighbor called and said there was a major water leak and the entire street was flooded. when i got home it was off for about an hour and i was standing ankle deep in my driveway lol but i found out that the lawn company she uses hit the main water pipe with a weed eater and snapped it off then just left and they show up about 10am so it was running for about 7 hours so i know the bill is going to be outrageous. 

i talked to the landlord today and her only comment was that she cant offer to pay it becuase she didnt do it and then gave me the name and number of the lawn company she contracts to mow all of her properties. so what do i do i mean do i take it out of the rent and she goes after the company for the rest or do i try and talk to the lawn company that she pays to mow and try to get it from them? im over stressed about all of this since i cant afford to move right now or pay this water bill thats gonna come in

just as far as i know she should have to cover it and go after her lawn company for reimbursement tight?

Loading replies...