Votes
Vicki Gleitz
  • bennett, CO
Votes |
Can this be true?

Vicki Gleitz
  • bennett, CO
Posted Oct 20 2014, 13:12

My son purchsed a 3/1 fixer upper in September.  It is only 864 sq, feet [ plus a sleeping porch off the back]but we have been busting our butts turning it into a little gem. New appliances,new countertops, new windows, paint,refinishing hardwood floors, installing a beautiful backsplash, new doors, landscaping, etc. 

The plan is to eventually make it a home in an Autistic community we are putting together.  In the meantime, he will be renting it out [ two to three years] We realize it is a low income home and despite all of the work to make it a beauty, my son has no problem with receiving a low rent.

We have met a couple of the neighbors.  They loved the house.  My husband mentioned that my son was most likely going to rent it section 8 so that poor people could live in a nice place.  We were told that we should have no trouble renting but not to people with section 8 vouchers because section 8 voucher holders could live wherever they want and would never even look at a house this small or with only one bathroom.[ oh, and not terribly high ranking schools]

Is this true? I mean, this house is on the way to being adorable, but it is not good enough for people who receive assistance?

We really believed that by renting section 8 we would be answering some poor persons prayers. 

Loading replies...