Votes
Brian Zabowski
  • Sterling Heights, MI
Votes |
First impressions,...

Brian Zabowski
  • Sterling Heights, MI
Posted Oct 26 2014, 11:21

Hello everyone, I just joined and thought I would ask for some opinions on this situation I'll be going through soon. 

So about 2 weeks ago I went to a house to do an estimate(I draw floor plan estimates for a big company) and got to talking with him for the hour I was there. So I find out he is the head broker at a decently sized real estate company. I told him about my future plans in real estate and got his business card. Now I want to call him back and talk over lunch to see if he would be interested in mentoring me a little or maybe helping me find a property to invest in. The only thing I'm not sure of is what would make a solid first impression as I really don't count our first meeting since I was there for other reasons. So I ask you fellow investors, what would be a few things I could do to show I'm serious about doing this and I'm not wasting his time? He strikes me as the kind of person who doesn't like it when people waste his time. 

So far I'm working on a detailed business plan using articles on here to guide me as I write it but other than that does anyone have some suggestions? I would love to hear from both people who have been approached and those who have approached people about something similar. Thanks! :)

Loading replies...