• Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Multi unit Korea town building

Eldar M.
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Jan 26 2015, 11:38
Hi BP's, my friend have a multi unit residential building in K' town and they are in a bit of a mess. I would like to check couple of things for them as future options. Let's start with a brand new tenant that refuse to pay the second's month rent due to issue with people smoking in or around the building, they have tried addressing the issue with letter to all tenants trying to make it a smoke free building, but initially the new tenant did not sign or agree on any addendum or in the contract that this is a smoke free building. Right now they(the owners) agreed to let the tenant brake the lease without having any penalty, but the tenant will not pay this month and demand $4000 in moving fees, and here I need BP's members expertise to suggest what should be the next step. The second issue is that they want out of the whole owner occupied/managers of the building, they were thinking about selling units, unfortunately I am not familiar with the process, if someone can please help out, it'll be greatly appreciated. I apologize for the heavy complex issue/s. Thank you !

Loading replies...