• Real Estate Professional
  • Bakersfield, CA
Votes |
Is it worth it to sale your own home?

Janaye Joyner
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Bakersfield, CA
Posted Jan 19 2014, 15:34

Hi there, I am new to this forum and was highly recommended by real estate friends to ask questions on this website.

My husband and I are strongly considering trying to sell our home and buy a new one without real estate representation. I am not a real estate agent but I am currently taking courses to obtain my license in real estate. I won't have it completed most likely by the time we are ready to sell our home. For the past year we have read any book we can acquire in regards to house flipping, selling your own home, and buying. I would appreciate any advice in regards to selling our own home.

Is it worth it? is it legally a risk? We have a few friends in real estate who have encouraged us to do this on our own but a few have warned us of legalities and the issue of being unable to sell/buy a new home concurrently. I have no issue hiring a real estate agent but our goal is to profit as much as possible obviously to use some equity toward a new home purchase and for property investment. Having a hard time with the idea of paying 5 percent to an agent if we can do it ourselves.

We live in California, and plan to buy in the same area. My question is..is it worth it to sell your own home? Thanks in advance to any advice!

Loading replies...