RIck Montanari
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Tiny Home Market?

RIck Montanari
  • Denver, CO
Posted Dec 17 2014, 12:45

Hey everyone,

New member here and as my first post I'd like to pose a question about the tiny house market. Let start of with a bit of background....

I'm a local metro Denver Realtor who has been licensed for less than a year and been with my brokerage (Dwell Denver Real Estate) since April/May 2014. Over the previous 12 months I've been educating myself on the local Denver market which has lead me to BP. 

Over the last few months I've become highly interested in investing, specifically flipping but also rentals, wholesales, buy & hold etc... That being said I'm starting at ground zero with little to no money and no experience whatsoever. I've recently approached my father, who has had some experience in flipping as well as new construction, about the possibilities of partnering for my first flip here in Denver. *Sidenote: My family lives in Connecticut which is where I grew up which means accessibility is an obstacle. 

We've discussed the tiny home market for some time as it is what I want to get into personally and have even attended workshops in Boulder and Colorado Springs to further quench my interest. Anyway, in discussing the possible flipping partnership with my father he mentioned an idea that I thought might be a good topic of discussion for the BP community. 

In a nutshell the idea is to buy a small plot of land somewhere within Denver/Boulder/Jefferson county, build a tiny home (400-600+sq ft) and list it. He thinks that there is a market, especially within Colorado, that makes it worthwhile. I'm involved and interested in the tiny house community here, however as a local Realtor I'm skeptical about it being attractive to buyers and would rather put the time and capital into rehabbing and flipping. I do believe in finding a niche market but I'm not sure that this is the right start. 

I'm also aware of the issues involved in building a tiny home in certain counties and everything that comes along with it. 

Anyway, if anyone has suggestions, comments or ideas about this let me know. 

Thanks!

Loading replies...