Skip to content
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Robert Blanchard
  • Littleton, CO
Votes |
Would you leave this kitchen the way it is, or get rid of the red cabinets?

Robert Blanchard
  • Littleton, CO
Posted Mar 1 2015, 08:55

I was looking at the some listings via redfin and came across this kitchen. 

I have seen some interesting color schemes in the past but this one is one of the worst.  It looks like the cabinets needed at least one more coat of the red or orange paint or stain. 

Yes, those are yellow walls that you see in the background:

and green in the bedroom.  Notice the upper storage doors above the closet, another unique thing about this house.

This house is considered "hot" by redfin and since it is a good suburb of Denver, it will sell fast.  I just hope the at the new buyers have a good minds eye and choose some more.. um..neutral colors. 

Reminds me of when I went to visit a property of my Fathers that he got back.  It was a Mobile Home and the buyers were in it for just over a year.  I had helped my Father paint all of the walls a nice eggshell white and was surprised to find a bedroom painted pink. Not regular pink.. Pepto Bismal Pink.  I told my Father that he should just give a paint credit as I did not want to try and cover the color.  This would have been the 3rd time I had painted this MH in less than 3 years.   He agreed.  He lived 130 miles from the MH and I did a lot of the work for him. 

What is the strangest color of walls or cabinets that you have found in a property?

Loading replies...