Skip to content
Local Real Estate Networking

User Stats

Votes
Brian Drawdy
  • Investor
  • Saint Marys, GA
Votes |
Wholesaling: a scary situation, and I could really use the experience of the BP members!

Brian Drawdy
  • Investor
  • Saint Marys, GA
Posted May 31 2015, 00:58

Hello all!  So, here's my deal... This is my first post on BP, and I appreciate any and all involvement and comments.  This may be a bit winded, but I will try and cut right to the chase.  First and foremost, I am a newbie and obviously I'm looking to start wholesaling deals.  I've been reading posts and blogs, listening to podcasts, and reading everything I can get my hands on to educate myself.  I feel like I have a pretty good handle on my marketing strategy, and I'm beginning to put my systems in place (ie: 800 numbers, websites, telemarketing, newsletters, etc.).  My big "scary" problem, the 800lb. elephant in the room is such...  I have no idea if there are any wholesalers in my area!  I see bandit signs all over the place advertising the weekend yard sales and moving sales, but never a single property or "I buy ugly houses"sign.  I have searched BP for wholesalers in my town with no success.  I have two contacts to begin building relationships with and start networking.  The realtor who facilitated the purchase of my house, and the rehabber who fixed it up.  I have yet to speak with them however, because I work in the Gulf of Mexico in the oil and gas industry.  And as the price of this particular resource continues to plummet, I envision a new path for myself and my family. So, with that being said, and the former being written, either I am in an awesome market with tons of potential to create a successful business, or I am setting myself up for disaster because of things unknown to me.  I live in St.Marys, Georgia 31558.  This is just north of Jacksonville, Florida and just south of Brunswick, Georgia's Golden Isles.  If anyone has information about this area, and any tips for this beginner, please feel free to share!  I'm beginning to think it's "illegal" to wholesale properties here, or I fear I will need a broker's license, which is a cost obligation that is out of my reach.  Thank you for your time and for reading this "book" of a post from a newbie.  I look forward to and replies!  Quick shout out to Bigger Pockets!  I love the material, content, members and ability to learn from such knowledgeable people. Thanks again!

Brian

Loading replies...