• Property Manager
  • California
Votes |
Groveport, OH

Ellen Lo
  • Property Manager
  • California
Posted Dec 18 2008, 14:17

I recently bought an investment property in this Columbus, OH submarket after several months of research, but it was only after I owned the property that nearby companies started laying off employees, and now I'm completely obsessed with reading the local newspapers in search of bad news. Even though my house is leased until 8/09, I'm constantly worried that I've purchased in a declining area, (but which I've researched thoroughly beforehand). When I last visited in July, it looked like a growing area with increasing population and employment.

Is anyone local to the area familiar with the current state of the Groveport submarket? Are there any employers moving into this region? Since this is south of central Columbus, I'm aware that it's not as desirable as living closer to the city and was prepared to accept lower rent/higher vacancy. But I am totally unprepared for all these sudden layoffs and the possibility for this fringe area to empty out.

I'm currently in CA, and have a great PM--but this is not a problem she can solve.

Loading replies...