• Winchester, VA
Votes |
Tips on marketing to evictions

Misty W.
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Winchester, VA
Posted Apr 1 2014, 09:47

I've just started marketing to evictions in my area and I'm actually finding two other ways to increase my marketing at the same time. Luckily I live in a state that has most resources online (Virginia), in Pennsylvania it's harder to find this information, so your area might be good or not.

I look through our court system each day, I can search by date, name, etc. I search by date and the list shows me plaintiff, defendant, and type of hearing. I'm looking for Unlawful Detainer and it's super easy to just scan down the list (I have a county court and a city court, in a smaller location so there aren't many hearings each day.) As I'm scanning I notice that a lot of the filings are the same people and or companies. Some I know are apartment buildings, easy to skip over, a lot are LLC's so they are investors, and then there are the one offs that are likely people that became landlords when they couldn't sell their home. Those are the people I want to send a tired landlord letter to.

The other listings, people that own multiple properties or LLC's, these are potential cash investors, so I set up a different letter for them. They may want to sell, or buy more, so I talk briefly about both.

If I click through the case listing I can also see the attorneys for both parties, so now I have the list of attorneys that handle evictions. I send them a letter to keep an ear out for landlords that want to sell. I also mention probates as they likely deal with those as well.

So from one list I get tired landlords, cash investors, and attorney leads! This is something that a VA can easily do as well.

Loading replies...