Votes
Iris Kuzu
  • Napa, CA
Votes |
Just start S Corp, Now DBA? Please help

Iris Kuzu
  • Napa, CA
Posted Apr 18 2014, 23:12

My partner and I are just getting ready to start our first flip. We just started a S corporation. It sounded like it is really hard to get the name that you want because they are already taken, so we just used our last names A__&K__ inc. so it would go through for sure. We were about to close on house and wanted it to be the corps name so had a big time crunch.

Now we want to create our business name. We just opened a business account and used our name for the corporation (A__ & K__ inc.). Now I am starting to realize we did this all in the wrong order. We probably should have filed for the dba and used that for the bank account?

I see many house flipping entities such as "Golden Key investments LLC" or "Paul Simon Investments Inc". Do most flippers have the same as their corp, or some do dba? Does the llc or inc need to be included? We are A__ & K__ inc, but if we file a dba as AK Properties, then on our business cards should we just put AK Properties or do we need to include our corporation name.

We had in mind AK Properties, or AK investments because its both of our initials. What if another company is using that name, when we file the dba will they know if someone else has it? Any advice on names would be a great help too.

A little confused on which direction to go in. We want to start building and branding our business. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Loading replies...