Votes
Solomon Solomonov
  • Brooklyn, NY
Votes |
Direct Mail - Why Length of Residence?

Solomon Solomonov
  • Brooklyn, NY
Posted Jul 16 2014, 13:03

First off, I am new to BP and I have to say, I haven't come across a better source of education. It's like plugging into that machine from the Matrix to learn Jiu Jitsu (only you learn about real estate investing). 

I'm beginning to compile a mailing list from listsource.com using many of the filters recommended by some of the experts on BP. I have seen posts by experts (e.g. @Michael Q.) suggesting people add 7+ years length of residence as a filter. 

I want to understand the rational. If the purpose is to ensure that there is enough equity in the house, doesn't the equity % filter already account for that? On the other hand, you could presume that motivation to sell increases with time. But then, why not use 3+ years or 5+ years. It seems that using 7+ years would exclude some absentee homeowners who both used cash to finance their purchase and have experienced distress sooner than 7 years in. 

This is not just a theoretical question. My list shrinks significantly when I go from 3+ years to 7+ years. 

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. 

Loading replies...