Skip to content
Marketing Your Property
Account Closed
  • Flipper, landlord, investor
  • Coronado, CA
Votes |
How do you direct market when you can't market directly?

Account Closed
  • Flipper, landlord, investor
  • Coronado, CA
Posted Oct 16 2014, 21:45

Hey everyone, let me throw this out to see if anyone has any suggestions:

I am a flipper and things are going okay, only the spreads are thinner than desired because all my deals come through the MLS. I've heard the podcasts and done some reading on direct marketing but it's not a good fit with me for two reasons:

1.  I am a Navy Officer stationed in a small area where I would inevitably come across other Navy members.  There's nothing illegal about that but it just wouldn't be proper based on my rank.

2. My realtor wife is opposed to me going directly to sellers and doing a deal without her or another realtor's involvement for three reasons:

a.  She's concerned we may alienate her broker, who we are also good friends with.

b.  She maintains it is a realtor's job to ensure sellers get as close to fair market value for their properties as possible, thus any direct marketing campaign on my part would conflict with her obligations as a realtor.

c.  She believes involving a realtor ensures transactions goes as smoothly as possible, including all legal requirements, disclosures, etc.

I have yet to meet any wholesalers in my area and for all I know there are none (anyone want to start a wholesaling campaign in western Nevada?) so that option is out too.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Vincent

Pinnacle Homes & Properties

Loading replies...