Skip to content
Marketing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Gary Alford
  • Investor
  • Norfolk, VA
Votes |
Absentee owner leads and last market recording date?

Gary Alford
  • Investor
  • Norfolk, VA
Posted Dec 18 2014, 12:23

Hey BP,

I was curious on peoples thoughts on Absentee owner list. Not so much if they work or how to get them but how to increase the quality of the list that I create. All the fields are pretty much your basic stuff and I only did the zip-codes that has the most investor transactions. The part that I am questioning is the last market recording date. I went from 1950-2004. So I started it from 10 years back. Is that to far back? Should I be starting from 3 -5 years instead of 10. 

Now I know I am just starting my marketing in the area and not expecting to get a deal this soon ( although I would love to). But wouldn't starting that far back leave out most of the people who most likely inherited the property and newbie landlords who had a bad experience and want out. After 10 years I would think those are most more seasoned landlords. Which is what most of my calls have been. 

Although I am not complaining about my results considering I have not had any motivated people yet but gained 2 new buyers. So really not to shabby. Was curious on peoples take on the years though. 

Thanks in advance for the replies!

Loading replies...