• Real Estate Investor
  • Anchorage, AK
Votes |
finding deals..

Nathan Hickman
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Anchorage, AK
Posted Dec 22 2014, 11:03

hello, I am new to investing and have been reading and studying quite a lot. I have my websites mostly set up, business cards made, magnets on my car, advertising on facebook and have been sending out letters with pretty much no response. I am sure many people understand how frustrating it is when you are ready to hit the ground running but feel you don't quite know how, and I cant find anybody to help guide and mentor me in my local area. One question I have is on the topic of direct mail marketing.

I tried using listsource.com to create leads for me to send letters or postcards to, and originally tried to make a list of pre foreclosures, in which the site says there are thousands in my area. Every time I try to define my search more, like adding in any price ranges or other filters, the number automatically jumps down to 0 in my area, no matter what filters I choose. Does anybody know why it does this, and how to get around it?

another question I had is what to do with the list once you get it? I understand you could literally write out all the envelopes and hand mail them, but as a father of a 11 week old baby, a commercial plumber, and a professional mma fighter I do not have the time or the resources to send out that many post cards by hand.. is there any way to make this system automatic? how are you guys setting up your direct mail campaigns?

im sorry for the long post and thank you to any who take the time to reply with ideas and suggestions!

Loading replies...