Skip to content
Marketing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Roy Assaf
  • Investor
  • New York City, NY
Votes |
Yellow letters direct mail in Brooklyn, NY - Not even one phone call after our 3rd touch, Why?

Roy Assaf
  • Investor
  • New York City, NY
Posted Jan 27 2015, 15:29

BP marketing experts, I have a question:

We started our direct mail (yellow letters) a few months ago in a hot area in Brooklyn, NY.

We bought an absentee owner list from listsource and we decided to send out 400 letters each mailing for a period of six months.

We know the area well and we chose multi-family houses that all have 40% equity in it (listsource even re-ran the list for us to double check) and the last sale date of 2009 and before.

The first mailing went out in November and two weeks ago we sent the third mailing. So far since November we haven't received even ONE phone call. I'm not talking about a deal but simply a seller calling us! (and our phone number definitely works)

Since we are new to the game, I wanted to ask the marketing experts out there if you think that we should stop with this list and buy a different list in a different market.

Also, do you think that in such an expensive and hot market like Brooklyn, maybe 400 letters aren't enough to generate results? 

If there are any investors out there in Brooklyn who have been successful with direct mail, I would love to hear your advice.

Any help would be great as we are trying to figure out how to move forward.

Thanks

Loading replies...