Votes
Anje Walfoort
  • Redding, CA
Votes |
Jumpstarting the Market in a Deserving Community

Anje Walfoort
  • Redding, CA
Posted Mar 19 2015, 15:47

I recently met with members of the City Council, a small community with huge potential. Over the last year they have made significant changes in their council members, City Manager, Business Promoter, etc. They are a small community with so much potential. This town lead right to one of the largest lakes and most desirable houseboating/boating/vacation spots in the country.

They have put together a team to help improve their economic improvement plan and are working on incentives to bring business and industry to the area (incentives are necessary in California!) There is prime property for recreation, industry (I-5 corridor, great land) and vacation homes, lodges, resorts, etc. They finally have the right people in place to make a solid jump and change the future of their community...and they even have some great companies on the verge of moving to the area. They need money to improve schools, etc. That being said, they do have some a beautiful, higher end subdivision getting started in the outskirts.

My question to you...what do you feel is the best way to market to developers that would be interested in bringing recreation and vacation rentals to the area? The potential here is so good! You could have a resort or vacation homes, coffee shop, etc in an area within a mile to the lake.

Loading replies...