• Washington, DC
Votes |
Direct Marketing for Non Cash Buyers

Jordan H.
  • Investor
  • Washington, DC
Posted Mar 24 2015, 18:46

Hello,

I'm currently searching for my first property. I'm looking to owner occupy a 4 unit building here in DC. So far, I've been exploring the neighborhoods I'm interested in and now have a list of a few properties whose owners I plan to contact.

I'm currently planning to finance a property with an FHA loan (or possibly 203k). I've also been reading a bit about seller financing, subject to financing, and borrowing from hard money or private lenders, then refinancing. HML only seem to be good for flips and when you find an amazingly good deal on a property to buy and hold.

Most direct marketing seems to come from buyers who offer cash and fast closings. Since I can't provide either, I'm a little stumped on how to reach out to potential sellers. As a non cash buyer, any suggestions on how to engage sellers when I mail to or call them? How do buyers promote seller and subject to financing? Is it best to be comfortable with all of these types of financing so I can be ready to use whichever fits the seller's situation best?

Loading replies...