Skip to content
Marketing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Stephanie Beard
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Pembroke, MA
Votes |
Is there a thing as a fraudulent investor?

Stephanie Beard
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Pembroke, MA
Posted Jul 2 2015, 06:20

Okay. So I don't by any means  intend to sound like a complete moron. But here I am, desperate to get into Real Estate investing, however without the credit or the funds, I really needed a cash investor/investing partner.

I received an email from a Bianca, who says she is Venezuelan and while she is fortunate to come from family money, she has a voice box in her throat and truly can only communicate via email and text. 

After reviewing my RE Business Plans and numbers, she offered to invest $900,000 to start... More if I need it.

Naturally I was taken back by this a bit... I asked certain questions and she politely stated she is not a scammer, and if I didn't want to do business that was perfectly fine. She sent a photo of her pass port. She said a contract would be in place (10 years with 15% of any profits, ROI). She never asked for my social security number or anything like that... And I find myself going..

What kind of scammer would SEND you money? Rather than ask to RECEIVE money?

Anyway, I told her that to be taken seriously I would need proof of funds. I stated that I have a separate account that I don't use for anything, but it's a local bank (Rockland Trust) so I wasn't sure if that would work. I also stated that for HER protection (and my own) a contract should probably be executed before the exchange of funds. Her response was this (she attached a photo of her passport in the email):

Hello Stephanie ,
Am glad as we are proceeding.I will be coming over to have a formal discussion with the company of my Investment Executive in about 4 week’s time and we will be staying until the whole project is completely in operation. Prior to our arrival, you would assist in preparation of our arrival and possibly help to get done one or two things prior to my arrival.All you need is to initiate the process that will enable me to transfer the funds that will be required as soon as we have finalized and agreed to the terms of business. Once we have agreed and satisfy to the terms, the required funds shall be made available within five days. I’m a woman of my words and I believe in action and practical. I love to work with serious minded people and I always appreciate and reward good work and ideas.Please take note of the below information which will be done prior to our arrival.You need to set up a checking and Savings account Chase Bank or Wells fargo Bank or any bank around you..Account and other information used in opening the account will be requested from you to initiate the process of making the funds available.
2. I will initiate funding of the new account with some cash required to prepare and make some arrangement for our arrival.
As soon as we have arrived, discuss and agree to terms, we sign required paperwork. I will initiate transfer of the required principal into the new account.Reply with the below required information:
1. Business name/ Project Name:
2. Name of Facilitator ( Your full name as it will be used in opening of the new bank account that will accommodate the funds required to start and complete the project ):
3. Contact Address:
4. Contact Mobile Phone Number:
5. Contact email address:
6. Valid means of Government Identification.
For purpose of identification, I include my passport as attachment in this email.
NOTE: I check my email almost on hourly basis as this is the only way I communicate until I can have my voice back. I will always appreciate your communication promptly via email. I hope you do receive text message on your phone as well?

I will send you details required of new account set up. I wait to hear from you.

Best Regards,

Bianca Aigster.

^^^^
Anyone else think this is odd? Red Flags? I'm only 25 and super new to this. As weary as I am, I can't help but question... What kind of scammer sends money? But using Wells Fargo or Chase.. Is it possible for someone to get my ssn, etc. ??

HELP! Thanks!

Loading replies...