• Real Estate Investor
  • Keller, TX
Votes |
A few direct mail questions

David Tower
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Keller, TX
Posted Nov 11 2012, 18:14

1. Is it too soon after Thanksgiving to send out yellow letters a couple days after the Holiday? If yes, how long should I wait?

2. Once you have someone's phone or fax number that is on your yellow letter list, do you continue to mail them a letter or do you just call/fax them instead to save money.

3. I have my first list of 644 names (absentee,SFR,equity, 3/2+,non-trust,10-150k) but I haven't filtered it for last sale date. When I tested last sale date 1900-2005 the list shrunk to 250 names or so. These are all out of state owners. I could either start to include in-state owners or leave the sale date filter off and I'm conflicted.

I assume that inherited out of state owners will be included in this list and wouldn't want to exlude them by filtering 2005 or older, but I can understand that a new investor isn't looking to sell either. I don't know if out of state outweighs the pre 2005 sale date.

Any thoughts or experience on this? I'm hoping Michael "Quarters" Quarles (hehe, I noticed someone called you that in another thread) will chime in.

Thank you

Loading replies...