• Pensacola, FL
Votes |
First Deal in Oklahoma City!

Tyler Flagg
  • Investor
  • Pensacola, FL
Posted Mar 19 2014, 19:17

Good evening BP!

My first two posts were from 6 months ago, and a lot has changed in that amount of time. Back then I was looking for real estate in New Mexico and Colorado. However, I quickly realized that I was clueless about the markets, and the prices were over my head. To make a long story short, I was visiting my girlfriend in OKC (much like most weekends), and thats when the light bulb went off....I love Oklahoma City, and I understand the market. So how about I invest here!

I started searching around town and found a bunch of potential properties, but narrowed it down to the one below which is located in NW OKC. The seller still has a few things to repair after the home inspection, but I'm hoping to close here in a few weeks. I would love some advice to see if I'm on the right track with my numbers (i'm not really a math guy).

SFH - 1500 square ft - 2 bedroom 1 bath

Purchase Price - 58,500

30yr mortgage @ 5.25% - 25% down

-------

Down Payment = $14,625

+ Buying Costs $3,619

+ Initial Improvement $2,000

= Initial Cash Invested $20,244

--------

Month Rent = $750 conservative

- Vacancy Loss ($60)

- Maintenance ($49)

- Insurance ($100)

- Property Management ($75)

- Taxes ($62)

= NOI $404

- Mortgage payments ($242)

= Cash Flow $162 per month

Cash on Cash Return (Yr 1) = 9.6%

The Bigger Pockets forum has been absolutely amazing so far. I haven't had to write anything yet, because all my questions were answered before I had to even ask haha.

However, I would love some help from local Oklahomans about finding a great property management company in Oklahoma City. My day job is as a pilot in the United States Air Force, and I'm deployed over half the year...so having a reliable property manager is a must for me! I would greatly appreciate any advice that I could get.

Thanks for your help, and I can't wait to hear from you!

Sincerely,

Tyler

Loading replies...