• Austin, TX
Votes |
Finanancial advise

Gerard Charles
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Austin, TX
Posted Jul 30 2014, 09:37

Hello, 

I just am starting out. I own a duplex in Brownsville, TX., and a fourplex lot. 

I am relocating to Austin, TX in a couple of weeks for a new job.

My duplex was completed in Nov. of 2013, I am renting one and living rent free. It was appraised for 130 K in Nov. 2013.  The balance is 96K .

A months later, I purchased a 4 plex lot for 62K with 10 down and 8 percent interest for 20 years owner finance(I regretted it . it was too fast) I have it up for sale for 65 K now.  (the interest is eating me up) lol! But having second thoughts , since Elon Musk is contemplating in building a Spaceport nearby. 

Since I am relocating, I will renting my premise where I m currently residing. That will covers the 4 plex lots. (I hired a property manager).

I will be living in a 400 sq. ft apt for 595.00 in Austin. as opposed to my current 1,160 sq. ft duplex haha. 

I want to buy a duplex in Austin in the near future. 

Where  I get confused is , should I wait to purchase a duplex now, or pay off the 4 plex lot.

I missed the opportunity to finance for 4.75 % interest 9 (lot) with credit union last April due to relocating and not qualify now since my contract will be probationary status the first year at a new location.

I have 6 K now and perhaps use equity line of credit from my duplex. ( I have a secured of 4 K for the current duplex property)

The only debt I have is discover 6 K zero interest till next year . ha! and duplex mort. & lot payments. Any advise will greatly appreciate.

Thanks

Loading replies...