Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Samuel DeMass
  • Investor
  • Albuquerque, NM
Votes |
What would you do with this information?

Samuel DeMass
  • Investor
  • Albuquerque, NM
Posted Aug 23 2014, 00:27

I was doing my daily cruise through Craigslist when I ran across someone selling a duplex.  It turns out that he's got 6 duplex and 1 house for sale upon further communication.  The properties are what I would classify as B properties for the area.  He let me know the current rents on all the properties and informed me that they were all currently rented, and gave me the insurance and taxes on one of the properties, assuring me most were pretty close.  Of course, if and when I proceed due diligence will verify all information.

He'd like to sell them all, but he's willing to sell as many as I could take on.  I know I don't have the capital for more than one, maybe two currently, but I'm not sure if they're worth delving into.

This falls under the single or home run argument in my head.  I think at least a few of these properties, maybe more depending on the price could be good positive cash flows.  He seems motivated to get them sold.

I got my nerd on and I built a quick comparison tool in excel to analyze any potential deals.  Of course, the picture is static, so it captured the values I had input when I took the screen shot.  The estimated monthly rent being the actual monthly rent in this case.

Is this the type of deal that would be better suited for wholesale?

Loading replies...