• southern California
Votes |
Much Needed Advise

Sam Singh
  • Investor
  • southern California
Posted Sep 17 2014, 11:33

Dear Investor Family,

I have a very unique question. I bought one house in Houston, TX for investment purpose. I live in California. I bought this house via Realtor. Seller was the listing broker too.
This house was already rented to Section 8 tenant. My management company send all the docs to housing authority to change the ownership but housing authority already send a check for the month of September to previous owner, We were trying to get hold of him via email or phone but he wasn't responding our calls. Finally I threat him that if he won't pay the rent back to me, I will report him to Texas Real Estate Association because he sold the house in August and he is not suppose to get the money for September. He called me yesterday and he is not happy with the deal and he was telling me that he has my all the information like Social Security Number, Date of Birth and my home address and he said If I will complain he will put all the information to internet for Identity Theft.

I don't know how he got my information because he was listing broker but I had my selling broker. He wasn't bluffing because he gave me my SSN and DOB over the phone.

What should I do in this case and future to prevent Identity theft

Loading replies...