Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice
Account Closed
  • Accountant
  • Collegeville, PA
Votes |
Macros to make ARV analysis more efficient!

Account Closed
  • Accountant
  • Collegeville, PA
Posted Sep 29 2014, 12:32

Hi Everyone -

In an effort to determine ARV on a potential fix and flip in an efficient manner, I've asked my r/e agents to send me data extracts from the MLS on the comps. This allows me to avoid manually typing in the information (sold price, concessions, beds, baths, sq ft etc.) for each property into excel. This has saved me significant amount of time.

What I would like to do now is create some sort of macro that can take such information and automate various formatting and calculation functions (based own my own assumptions) to calculate the ARV estimate (something similar to what an appraisal calculation would look like, where the address is presented horizontally, and the inputs vertically starting with the sale price and making adjustments between the subject property and the comps).

I tried doing the "Record Macro" function in excel but Excel gets confused easily. For example, the macro was built recording an analysis I did with 4 comps. If I try to use the macro for an analysis with 5 comps, it doesn't pick up the extra comp. 

Is there any kind of (legitimate) add-in that can do the above? If not, are there any programmers out there that could assist me?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Loading replies...