Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Keith Leary
  • South Hadley, MA
Votes |
Coworker is about to abandon her house!!

Keith Leary
  • South Hadley, MA
Posted Apr 9 2015, 09:28

I'm looking to help a co worker minimize her losses.

She currently lives in the Springfield, MA are and is planning to move to SC in the next 6 months. She just told me that she is going to just leave her house!!! She said she owes about $60K and that it needs to much work and she is going to stop paying the mortgage soon. I told her that I was new to REI and to let me see if I can help.

So i started to look at the comps on the home and its not looking good. it was built in 1924 /4bed/ 1bath/ 1400sqft ,  its one of the only single fam houses on the street and she said nothing has been updated since she bought it in 1995 (roof,heating, knob&tube, etc). AND It shares a single lane driveway with the neighboring property, so weird!! There is not much appealing to me with this house, but now that Im trying to think like an investor I cant Imagine their isnt some meat on the bone for a home that someone is going to possibly just walk away from. 

It seems like this would be a great first wholesale opportunity for me, especially because im close with the co-worker, but im skeptical that this house is going to be a head scratcher for other investors. im thinking to myself - even if this thing got 40K worth of updates, it still has the most congested plot of land Ive ever seen, who would really consider buying this thing?????  Please share! 

Loading replies...