• System Administrator / Investor
  • Eugene, OR
Votes |
SFH Turnkey in Kansas City, MO

Kevin Trumbull
  • System Administrator / Investor
  • Eugene, OR
Posted Aug 31 2015, 13:05

I'd like to get people's opinion on this turnkey SFH that I have under contract in the Kansas City, MO area. The property is still under renovation, and I have not seen any pictures yet(just what's on Google Maps from 2012). This is my first investment property purchase.

Location: Sugar Creek (right on the border of Independence, close to the intersection of highway 24 and Sterling Ave), neighborhood rated B+, low/no crime

Property: Built 1917, 6 bedroom 3 bath, 2 story, 2,200 square feet, 2 car attached garage

Planned Renovation: New tile flooring in kitchen and baths, new countertops, new carpet throughout, appliances, new light fixtures, interior paint, exterior pain, new water heater.  All mechanicals either serviced or replaced.

Notes: Roof is 1-3 years old, small basement with furnace and water heater, rest is on slab, no nob and tube.

Numbers

• Purchase price: $84,000
  • Projected Rent: $975/mo

Expenses

• Loan (20% conventional 30 year): $361/mo
  • Taxes: $82/mo
  • Insurance: $58/mo
  • PM: $88/mo (9%)
  • Vacancy: $78/mo (8%)
  • Maintenance & CapEx: $98/mo (10%)

Cashflow Estimates

• Actual: $211/mo
  • 50% Rule: $127/mo
  • CoC Based on Actual: 12.56%

I'd like to get your thoughts and opinions on this.  My biggest concerns are the size of the property (more property to damage, more to replace on turnover), and the age of the property.  I will be getting a 3rd party home inspection and a sewer line inspection.

Loading replies...