Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Trent M.
  • Homeowner
  • chicago, IL
Votes |
200,000- 500,000 sq. ft mall in rural area how to get funded for design and planning?

Trent M.
  • Homeowner
  • chicago, IL
Posted Apr 9 2009, 11:33

Hi,

I looking for lots of advice. I dreamed up a state of the art retail concept store that is based around a outdoor mall retal. I am looking to purchase 80 acres of interstate farm land property in a rural area and master plan a outdoor mall. I can get tiff funding, rural economic development grants, and I have sold part my idea to people with gree building technology who have high intrest in building and promoting it. I have been quoted upwards of 2.5 million in branding and architectual conceptual modeling. However I was trying to find ways to cut down the planning figures. Once the plans are done I'm planning on selling the "retail space and concept to many diffrent companies. I am able to extend an enterprize zone to the location, At around 65~100 dollars per square foot. I am working the sourounding land owners to allow me have full control over their property if it gets commercialy developed later on down the road as a direct result of my project. So that way i have compete power over who locates onto the land and can take a percentage for selling it.

THe problem is everyone wants to "SEE IT" and they want me to develop all the plans beforehand. How would I go about seeking investors for such a project to help with the planning phase? I am going to have to have it planned out and designed out conceptialy before i can sell it to the next set of people for the next phase.

If a investor was intrested in such a project what type of return could they demind just in planning?

Loading replies...