Danny Di
  • Toronto, ON
Votes |
Closing a condo property - Schedule A - Cancelling a deal

Danny Di
  • Toronto, ON
Posted Mar 31 2014, 19:41

Hi everyone,

I sold my personal property a couple weeks back. I've been having some serious problems with the buyer and agent, very unprofessional. I received the deposit and signed the deal over. They came to view the property b/c on Sched A they're allowed to twice before closing. They went through my entire property, like animals and moved things everywhere and destroyed my closet door. They're now requesting a new closet door and 10 other things which was never discussed in Sched A and prior to the closing. I sent the status cert off last week and never heard back. My agent was told that the buyer didn't have financing approved yet. They also didn't ack the status certificate and advised it will be another week before they can. They come back daily with new stories about the financing, some days they have it some days they don't. This is a nightmare already. We've had another interested buyer seriously interested in submitting an offer and I personally want to sell it to them. The current buyer is getting on my nerves and messing around with us.

My question is, do I need a mutual agreement contract signed by both parties to terminate the contract? Or is the deal automatically dead due to the following 2 clauses in sched A (see attached image) which were not actioned upon.

Also, is it possible to kill this contract and keep the deposit due to the damages and wasted time because I could have had my unit sold to several other interested parties.

Thanks everyone.

Loading replies...